isim
Sıklık
hapsedilme

imprisonment, confinement, incarceration, porridge

yulaf lâpası

porridge, water gruel

porridge için tanımlar
isim
a dish consisting of oatmeal or another meal or cereal boiled in water or milk.
"Within hours, Frost had been sheltered in a hut, where he was given milk and porridge and berries and ale."
porridge örnekleri
At one stage they even refused to return their porridge bowls to prison orderlies.
A restaurant serving dishes including snail porridge and smoked bacon and egg ice cream has been named the second best in the world.
For breakfast I'll have porridge with soya milk and fruit, sprinkled with some ground cinnamon.
I corrected him - we alternate between semolina one day, and mealie meal porridge the next.
There was tea and toast for breakfast and sometimes porridge .
The inmates said they could not eat thick porridge without milk and asked for bread and butter with tea.
While this brand of porridge contains no added sugar, the manufacturers have managed to slip in skimmed milk and cream powder.
Millet is ground into flour and made into porridge by boiling it in water.
I'm sweating it out doing porridge
Add the milk and allow the porridge to boil for 30-35 minutes on low heat while stirring occasionally.
a bowl of porridge
Within hours, Frost had been sheltered in a hut, where he was given milk and porridge and berries and ale.
I start with porridge , and then mid-morning I have six egg whites on brown toast.
Every morning I make porridge with raisins and maple syrup.
A cooked breakfast is always available as well as porridge and cereal - and there is always a good choice of lunchtime and dinner meals.
Another traditional dish is gruel or porridge made with the dried fruit of sago palms.
This is the classic method using oatmeal rather that porridge oats and is my favourite because of its rough texture and lingering flavour.
Salami, curd cheese, eggs, porridge and bread are combined with any supper left over from the evening before.
Aaron's breath steamed in the chill air as he got up from the porridge he was stirring to unlock the prisoner.
They set out as soon as they had finished their breakfast, a quick meal of porridge and plain bread with a scraping of butter.
When I taste porridge I remember my early childhood in Edinburgh.
Among the dishes made from barley, barley porridge is more delicate than oatmeal porridge , to the point of being rather insipid.
And here they are, a connoisseur's collection of porridgy soundalike slowies that refute the idea that the Irish have a gift for ballads.
He was back within five minutes with a bowl of strange porridgy looking stuff in a wooded bowl with a wooden spoon.
The fear of running into one of these Cumbrian ale aficionados, supping on mysterious-smelling brews of porridgy so-called real ale amid background tones of chronic bronchitis, keeps many people away.