pişman
contrite çevirileri
SıfatSıklık
pişman
sorry, regretful, remorseful, contrite, repentant, penitent
pişmanlıktan kaynaklanan
contrite
contrite için tanımlar
Sıfat
1
feeling or expressing remorse or penitence; affected by guilt.
a broken and a contrite heart
Eş Anlamlılar:
remorseful repentant penitent regretful sorry apologetic rueful sheepish hangdog ashamed chastened shamefaced conscience-stricken guilt-ridden
contrite örnekleri
You can even sell it as a contrite new dedication to safety.
It was striking, although its tone was less contrite than last week's recantation.
I guess this is the point where I should be contrite and say I was ashamed of myself, but I wasn't.
Compare and contrast this contrite pose with the self-same penitent jailbound all over again last year as a result of felling two motorists during a wee spell of road rage.
It was a dramatic change in tone, a contrite president uncharacteristically admitting a major failure.
Some were contrite , and apologized directly to the families of those they had murdered.
As apologies go, it was about as contrite as you can get.
Prisons are designed to transform a regretted crime into contrite behavior through penalties and punishment.
He is very contrite and so sorry and we hug and he tells me he loves me and is so sorry and also is crying.
‘It was also clear that he was genuinely contrite and that he had never previously been in any kind of trouble with the police,’ he said.
I am truly contrite , penitent, repentant, remorseful and steeped in the tears of my regretfulness.
I will say that Dolly was contrite over the affair, almost apologetic in fact.
There's nothing wrong with putting your hand up, accepting that you've made a big mistake and saying sorry in an honest, contrite declaration.
I know the members of the morning show are truly contrite .
He then issued a contrite public apology for his ‘foolish mistake’ before frantically trying to avoid being tracked down by the media.
I am immensely contrite , and I am sorry for the damage that I've done.
She tried to ignore how adorable he looked, all contrite and repentant.
And so he does not drop to his knees, he is not contrite , he does not sit in the church with the grieving parents and wives and children.
He knew he was supposed to be feeling suitably contrite and sorry, but there was nothing.
Maybe he's already rehearsing for a contrite resignation.
A man should pray with eyes fast-closed and head contritely bowed.
And that's about all the contriteness you get from me tonight.
If I have caused any embarrassment or distress to the parties concerned I unreservedly, sincerely and contritely apologise.
'I didn't even know I fell asleep on the couch,' she said with contriteness .
The lad's nationality had nothing to do with anything, a fact contritely conceded later by the person who made the first remark.
But his sureness and occasional contriteness stayed just the right side of arrogance and has probably bought him time with disgruntled party delegates.
But as the firms began contritely co-operating with officials on settlements of the charges, investors responded rapidly.
There is usually a period of outright lying, followed by Harry contritely admitting that he has hit, kicked, pushed or thrown something at William.
Daha az örnek
contrite için eş anlamlılar
Sıfat
remorseful repentant penitent regretful sorry apologetic rueful sheepish hangdog ashamed chastened shamefaced conscience-stricken guilt-ridden
remorseful ruthful rueful